- Hello! I'm Solange. I'm a writer and standup comic. I have been oversharing here since 2003. For shows, check out my schedule.
- Si Hablo Español
- Only Six Days Into 2018 And I’ve Already Had Two Days Of Needles Stuck Into My Face
- “12 Days of Christmas” For Single and/or Casually Dating People
- Episode #6 -Teaching Kyle & Matt to Dance Salsa
- “A California For Everyone” – Documentary
- Sexual Assault, Louis CK And Are We Winning?
- Kaiser Permanente Profits From Breast Cancer Screenings
- Episode #5 – Teaching Jim to Dance Salsa
- What I’ve Noticed About Young Dudes
Category Archives: Comedy
I’ve shared so many “think pieces” on sexual assault/harassment/misogyny in comedy that my fingers hurt. I’ve needed a few days to process the possible reality that just maybe male actions could begin to have *gasp* consequences. But mostly I’ve had to come to terms with … Continue reading
I keep thinking about the last scene of “The Handmaid’s Tale,” when Aunt Lydia (or Patty form “The Leftovers”) congregates the handmaids at an open field. One of them says, “God, I hate stonings,” like she has to listen to an … Continue reading
Netflix (finally!) set free into the world my pal Maria Bamford’s wonderful new show “Lady Dynamite.” While it’s nothing new to feel this way about Maria’s work, I’m so proud and excited you’d think I’d done more than just background artistry, (albeit … Continue reading
A few weeks ago I met a brilliant young designer named Emma who interviewed me about an exhibit she plans to curate about Women in Comedy. (Details will be forthcoming.) Prior to meeting her I sent her all the blogs … Continue reading
I was at an open mike a few weeks ago. A pretty abysmal event. Open mikes are the homeless shelter of creative people, and easily derail into a group therapy dynamic. However, my friend hosts this particular venue and … Continue reading