- Hello! I'm Solange. I'm a writer and standup comic. I have been oversharing here since 2003. For shows, check out my schedule.
- Sexual Assault, Louis CK And Are We Winning?
- Kaiser Permanente Profits From Breast Cancer Screenings
- Episode #5 – Teaching Comics to Dance Salsa
- What I’ve Noticed About Young Dudes
- Episode #4 – “Teaching Benny & Serafina to Dance Salsa”
- Not A Samantha Jones Type
- Episode #3 – Teaching Maria to Dance Salsa
- Reading of “Cantina Confidential”
Category Archives: Feminism
I’ve shared so many “think pieces” on sexual assault/harassment/misogyny in comedy that my fingers hurt. I’ve needed a few days to process the possible reality that just maybe male actions could begin to have *gasp* consequences. But mostly I’ve had to come to terms with … Continue reading
I understand that basic reasonable-ness among health insurance providers is a lofty expectation in 2017 America. And I understand that mine is far from the worst health insurance nightmare story. It is, however, my goal with this blog post to shame … Continue reading
I cancelled Tinder. If you see me on there, it’s a mistake. Nothing personal. I wish I had swiped right on every man’s (or couple’s) profile before I bailed. One gesture of love on a device made to reject. Tinder is broken. … Continue reading
Sometimes I forget how tiring it is to be a woman. Not tired from work or kids, although, from what I have witnessed, that is the first and primary source of exhaustion for women around the world. I’m talking about … Continue reading
I keep thinking about the last scene of “The Handmaid’s Tale,” when Aunt Lydia (or Patty form “The Leftovers”) congregates the handmaids at an open field. One of them says, “God, I hate stonings,” like she has to listen to an … Continue reading
Last night’s Hilary v. The Patriarchy Horror Show left me feeling like I had witnessed a college freshman in the first week of school barely escape a rape-y fraternity unscathed. Hilary is no freshman, but by the end of the night That Guy (I … Continue reading
I met my feminist soulmate, an amazing woman named Jessica Cabot and we started a podcast. Listen to Jessica and I deconstruct movies on “Jessica & Solange Take Down The Patriarchy”!