- Hello! I'm Solange. I'm a writer and standup comic. I have been oversharing here since 2003. For shows, check out my schedule.
- Sexual Assault, Louis CK And Are We Winning?
- Kaiser Permanente Profits From Breast Cancer Screenings
- Episode #5 – Teaching Comics to Dance Salsa
- What I’ve Noticed About Young Dudes
- Episode #4 – “Teaching Benny & Serafina to Dance Salsa”
- Not A Samantha Jones Type
- Episode #3 – Teaching Maria to Dance Salsa
- Reading of “Cantina Confidential”
Category Archives: Spoken In An Old Lady Voice
I moved to Los Angeles in 1995 amidst a flurry of condescending eye-rolls and pitiful looks followed by, “Why? I hate LA!” Twenty years later, Kevin Bacon and Mobe declare LA “cool” enough to live in. WHOSE ROLLING THEIR EYES … Continue reading
Oh, 2016, you were a pain. Here I thought I had survived the death of my mother, turning 40, love/career disappointments, turning 40, the transformation of my country into a Banana Republic and, climate change (holy shit, California can get cold). … Continue reading
Pastel Paisleys. A suit. My face reads, “Uh, He-ell no…this is going straight to the Salvation Army.” But my grandmother gave it to me for my birthday and so I had to try it on and humiliate myself in front … Continue reading
I really wanted to like “Girls.” I admire Lena Dunham, she’s a woman writing and directing in Hollywood and that’s worthy of a high-five. But here’s the thing…parents no longer financially supporting you at 25…that’s not really a Problem. Being … Continue reading
“Here’s a bag of crap,” I said to the Super Cute Guy At Good Will. “One person’s crap is another person’s treasure,” he replied “No, I think one person’s crap is another person’s crap, momentarily disguised as treasure.” My father … Continue reading
I’m helping my co-worker disepense of his children’s extraneous Halloween candy (fine, he stole it). He stashed away the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup and Almond Joys per my request. All the other scavengers are left to sift through the M&M’s, … Continue reading